Friday, April 7, 2017

DIY wallets

Finally, my Sew-Jo is back!!  I am so happy that i am inspired to sew again.  Not doing great physically, i am glad i have something to occupy my time.  Today i made several wallets.  It took until the third one to truly dial in the correct size, then once i had it figured out i made a few extras.  They make great presses and are fun and quick to whip up.  I used a suiting fabric and some left over denim scraps for the exterior fabric and then some fun fabrics for the interior.  I wish i had more of the fish, but i love the Hipster Fabric from Crimson Tate.  




The last one, i used navy thread to top stitch and it also has the beer fabric.  I am always thrilled when i find something fun and functional for guys.  My hubbee loves these wallets because they are huge and thick.  FYI: it is not great to put your wallet in your back pocket, especially if you sit on it while driving/work etc.  

I want to finish my philanthropy quilt this weekend, and possibly sew a clothing top.  What projects do you have going? Also if you have any other guy friendly sewing projects, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment