Tuesday, August 13, 2013

EEEEK! it's been awhile... random catch up

I have been super busy.  I am sure most are this time of year.  I was so relieved to have the missoula marathon behind me, but had about 10 days where i took it relatively easy and had to jump back into training for the Smuttynose Marathon in the beginning of October.  We are still moving into the new house and beginning to finalize some details for the new studio.  I have been dreaming of a new space for several years, since I have really outgrown my current space.  However, having this empty space that I can do what I want has been a bit overwhelming.  This past week we made some progress.  The floor plan is dialed in! The flooring is ordered, bathroom items ordered, a tankless on-demand hot water heater ordered, etc.  I will be sure to post before and after pics.  

Also, our house is finally coming together.  The Hubbee has been working out of town during the week, and we have had plans that have taken us out of town almost every weekend, so finally last weekend we were able to make some headway.  I have ordered two new sofas; one for sewing center (it is also a sleep) and a beautiful charcoal gray for our living room.  The living/dining room has been painted, along with trim and I can't wait for the sofa to arrive!

Another random:  my cousin moved to Montana from Florida and he immediately said he wouldn't run... within 2-3 weeks he came on a 3 miler, and he then bought actual running Nikes!  We ran a super speedy 5k last night and he is going to run the Night Owl run (Aug 23--a fantastic festive fundraising event!!!).  Another convert!!! :)

now, back to the training... it has been half-hearted.  i am hitting all the workouts but it was really rough and mentally challenging to get them done... until last week.  Last week was the first run that actually felt good.  finally the bug is back.  i have pretty much been in training for almost a year and a half, so I think i am a bit burnt out.  After October races I am going to switch focus--i will always run, but I am keeping longer races off plan until hopefully the next summer.  The other piece is during the move, we were eating out a lot, and that takes it toll on me.  I have reigned that in and hopefully the feel-good running will continue.

how is everyone elses training?  for what races/events are you training?  Any suggestions of something not to forget to add to studio?

No comments:

Post a Comment