Saturday, September 8, 2012

San Francisco Here We Come!!

More exciting updates on this experience of a lifetime i have been having!  Nike sent us our flight and hotel information.  Woohoo!!!!  it feels official now!!  We are staying at the Sir Frances Drake in Union Square.  It looks amazing.  I am still waiting for someone to pinch me and this dream bubble to burst...

I am LOVING the lunar glide 4's.  They are so supportive and and cushiony without being bulky or heavy.  I can't go too minimal with sneakers and run long distance--my feet start aching and my shins begin to hurt.  I have tried easing into the minimal movement, and I appreciate the light weight factor, but I definitely need support and these sneakers most certainly offer it.  They feel custom fitted to my feet-hugs in the correct places, room for movement in others. Mine are a funky dark purple with a fluorescent coral color accent--i just love 'em!! Why did I stop wearing lunar glides?  I think because I lost my pair in our camper and couldn't remember what i liked so went with swifts.  They aren't bad--but the glides are amazing!! 

i also love the nike running socks.  They are light weight, and short so no funky tan lines.  They don't rub or change shape even on long runs.

I am so looking forward to this trip.  I have never been to San Fran and hear all these amazing things.  Since I will be running the half-marathon there a week after the full in Chicago I am planning on running with my iphone and taking in the sights!  i.e.: not running for time--running for FUN!! :) 

Hubbee wants to go to San Fran.  And don't get me wrong, I want him to be there since he is not going to Chicago.  BUT... it is also my time to bond with the girls.  He is great at entertaining himself and says he knows he probably will be on his own a lot--and he is good at that.  I do want my first time to san fran to be with him too--plus he will only be there for two days since that alegiant flight is only for the weekend.  We have a friend who lives there that can also entertain him :)

Any suggestions on what not to miss please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment