Monday, November 18, 2013

Amy Butler velvet skirt

I have had this book Sew What! Skirts by Francesca Denhartog and Carole Ann Camp for a few years.  I made a straight skirt pattern a few years back and have done several variations.  Today, the one I made, I think is my favorite.
I know, i should have cleaned off the mirror.  I was running out of time.  
It is an Amy Butler velvet and I wanted to use it for a skirt to wear during the holidays.  I am so proud because it has a GREAT invisible zipper.  

I altered the pattern to have a back zipper instead of side.  I also made the facing for the waist, and added darts for fitting purposes.  I used the serger for the side seams and used a fun, decorative stitch for the hem.  Next up is a blouse from the BurdaStyle magazine.  I have the charcoal gray silk ready to go... I just need to find the strength/bravery/confidence to cut into it!!!!

Also, the shoes are my new seychelles flats--they are so comfy and I love the color and the pewter accents.  If you haven't tried seychelles, then you should.  They are very comfortable and well made.

I also made another set of dinner napkins yesterday for Erin.  When we were doing some holiday shopping she mentioned that she didn't have any.  So we remedied that!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment