Sunday, March 31, 2013

Marathon Training begins and Literally a Cocktail Dress

Tomorrow begins marathon training. I will be hopefully running two this year:  Missoula and Smuttynose, july and october.  I have not been feeling so hot the past few days so I laid off the running and did some NTC and Pilates.  I also wanted to get some sewing in since I know I will be pressed for time in the upcoming months.  

At the end of this month we are heading to Arizona for my sister in laws wedding and i am sooooooo looking forward to the warmth.  This month's burdastyle magazine (4/2013) is FULL of items I want to make, and one seemed especially simple and within my skill set (#126).  So I was looking through my stash to see what would work and I came across this fun print:

I had originally purchased it to make coasters for Matt and Jaclyn but the print was too large.  This shift pattern I had chosen would be a perfect way to showcase this fun print!!  I did not have enough fabric to create the ruffles that are featured in the original pattern so I bought some crocheted trim in a butter yellow color and I am so pleased with the result:

This was my first time sewing anything with "set in" sleeves.  This went fine except at first i stitched the sleeve wrong side out, but I have made friends with my seam ripper and quickly corrected it and VOILA!  It took almost longer to trace the pattern off the burda sheets than it did to make this dress.  It came together so fast i began it today and wore it to the in-laws for Easter bbq.  i was a bit over dressed but I wanted to make sure it stayed hemmed, etc.  I can't wait to wear it at the Valley Ho!! :)

I really want to attempt a halter dress in this issue with white eyelet and line it with either gray or teal... time and skills will determine whether it happens.

Anyone else at the beginning of training plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment